Dinner - "Chick-Fil-Ain't" Nuggets

I'll admit it. I have a slight love (bordering on obsession) for Chick-Fil-A's super delicious chicken nuggets. This love began when I tried them as a wee lass, back when Milwaukee still had their very own Chick-Fil-A in the Southridge Mall food court.

It was there in that newly-opened, early 90s fountains and pink neon food court, that I had my first bite of those chicken nuggets, with their perfectly fried crunchy yet sweet exterior, and their gloriously tender and meaty interiors. Although they were one of the most perfect fast foods I have (to this day) ever tasted, the Chick-Fil-A nuggets were to be short-lived at the Southridge food court. The restaurant closed sometime in the mid to late 90s if I'm correct.

We've been satisfying our nuggets craving thanks to the Regency Mall location in Racine, but it has become a once in a while treat instead of someplace we can just go whenever.

I came across a recipe for a knock-off Chick-Fil-A chicken sandwich through that great Food Network Magazine. We tried this recipe as nuggets instead of a chicken patty, and man oh man, can I just tell you the knock-off is 98% accurate. Delicious!

Here's the link to the "Chick-Fil-Ain't" recipe, courtesy of the Food Network Magazine. If you're a huge Chick-Fil-A fan, I seriously recommend that you need to try this one. The nuggets turned out great, exactly replicating that famous crunchy outside with the juicy tender center. The deep frying is a bit annoying, but the result is so worth it!! We'll be making these again the next time that Chick-Fil-A craving hits.

Comments

Popular Posts