Dinner - Mom's Chicken Pot Pie

My goodness!! Where did the last week GO?! Oh yeah, to working a lot and making lots of delicious things (all the while not updating the blog). Well, you are in for a treat because I am going to fill you in on all the great things we have been eating at our house for the past week. Expect to see several blog posts up in a bit, as well as reviews of some books I have been into lately.

Let's start with a dish I made last weekend (as in LAST last weekend...like a week ago Sunday). Matt went with his mom to visit his brother, so I decided to make a good meal for when he got home on Sunday. I decided on one of our faves here in the Kiefer household, my mom's chicken pot pie.

It is a fairly easy dish to make, but does require some prep to get the veggies and chicken all ready. Let me also note that I am pretty sure I lost the recipe for this dish down the little crack between our kitchen cabinet and the wall. Not cool. However, I do think I can recall most of the recipe, so here goes...


Mom's Chicken Pot Pie

Ingredients:
-1 package pie crusts (you will need 2 crusts, one for the bottom of the pie, the other for the top. Most packaged pie crusts come with 2..alternately, you can make your own, but you really can save time and be lazy here.)
-2 cups cooked, diced chicken (we used 2 chicken breasts)
-2 cans cream of chicken soup
-1 cup frozen peas
-1 cup frozen corn
-3 carrots, cut up into rounds
-1 potato, cooked and diced into cubes or small chunks
-salt and pepper to taste

Place one pie crust in the bottom of a pie plate. Cook up the chicken and cook the potato.

Once the chicken is cooked, dice it up and place in a large bowl. Place the other vegetables (peas/corn are okay frozen, do not worry about cooking them first!!) and the cooked potato into the bowl and stir to combine. Pour the cream of chicken soup over all and stir until all is well combined.

Place the mixture into the prepared pie plate, then cover with the remaining pie crust.
Crimp edges of the pie crusts together, and finish edge as desired (I fluted the edge). Cut several slits in the top of the pot pie to vent.

Bake at 350 degrees for around an hour (?).

(Please feel free to correct this recipe, mom!!)

Comments

  1. That looks delicious! I love chicken pot pie and will definitely be stealing this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was googled for a simple chicken pot pie recipe and found this. I looks wonderful and I will be making it for supper tonight. Thank you for posting this!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts