Lunch - Thai Chicken Slaw


I've been really into Asian-style slaw lately. My friend Kat had a really good slaw when we were over once, and her slaw led me to love the Asian slaw at Cafe Lulu (something I have missed lately due to not going there).

Asian slaw has the perfect combination of textures and flavors, and really tricks your taste buds. I say this only because I generally hate slaws and salads (the sole exception being the delicious, Tuscan Harvest salad from Joey Buona's - hardly a salad at all, considering it tastes like sugary deliciousness, and of course the above mentioned Asian slaw).

While flipping through a back issue of Taste of Home magazine looking for the best recipes to clip for my file, I came across a recipe that put a nice twist on the Asian slaws I was familar with. It combined the flavors from sesame-ginger salad dressing with Thai peanut sauce for a sweet and spicy taste.

We bought the ingredients for the slaw, and Matt ended up making this over the weekend. It is a really delicious and quick recipe, something that would be perfect for a picnic!

Thai Chicken Slaw

Ingredients:
-1 pkg. (16 oz.) coleslaw mix
-1/3 cup sesame-ginger salad dressing
-2 cups cubed cooked chicken
-1/2 cup Thai peanut sauce
-1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped to thin strips
-1/2 cup chow mein noodles
-2 green onions, chopped

In large bowl, combine coleslaw mix with salad dressing.
In separate bowl, combine chicken with peanut sauce.
Place coleslaw mix onto serving plates, top with chicken.
Top the salad with red pepper, chow mein noodles, and onions.
Serve immediately.

Comments

Popular Posts