Corn-Studded Bread Pudding - Lunch, Sat. January 1


For our first official meal of 2011 (other than the hardly-exciting bowl of cereal I had for breakfast), we decided to try out a recipe I clipped from a Rachael Ray magazine a couple years or so ago. It was from the "No Recipe" section which I like but kind of hate at the same time, since it provides no real info in the magazine. You have to visit the website to get the full recipe!!

I had jotted down the ingredient measures back when I clipped the article, but you can find the full recipe here:
http://www.rachaelraymag.com/recipes/rachael-ray-magazine-recipes/no-recipe-zone-recipes/Grilled-Skillet-Corn-Bread-Pudding

Making this recipe had me encountering a couple problems. First, it was supposed to be made in a skillet, which I do not own (yet)! Next, it was supposed to be made on the grill! It is the middle of winter in Wisconsin, so I adapted the recipe for baking in the oven.

So, I ended up altering the cooking method by putting the bread pudding into a casserole dish (one of those oval shaped sorta deep ones), and baking it at 375 degrees for about 15 minutes.

Overall, this recipe was very easy to put together with basics that we had on hand, and it was started and finished in under an hour.

This would probably be super delicious as a breakfast dish, if you threw in some pre-cooked sausage or bacon, and perhaps some sweet red peppers.

My husband and I both enjoyed it as a quick and pretty light meal, we will probably make it again! Try it and let me know how it worked for you!
--Jamie

Comments

Popular Posts