Dinner - Apricot Honey Chicken


Ah, the snow. It makes me want to sit inside and be totally lazy. Tonight was not a lazy night, however. I had to go to hula class after working both jobs and also make a stop at the library. Normally this stuff doesn't totally wear me out, but for some reason driving in the snow makes me ultra tired.

In keeping with the lazy snowy day feel, I decided we needed something quick and easy for dinner. I decided on a recipe from another Taste of Home publication titled "Dinner on a Dime". "Dinner on a Dime" is a great book, full of easy recipes that are all (as the title implies) cheap to make. It also seemed to me that most of the recipes have few ingredients which are generally on hand in any kitchen.

Tonight's meal fit the bill of a typical "Dinner on a Dime" recipe, and the time it took to prepare this dish was impressive!! (or should I say the lack of time it took was impressive!) I started it around 5:45 and it was done a little after 6. So quick!!

The combination of apricot preserves, orange juice and honey in the sauce added a nice light sweetness that would be great as a summer meal. I think it would also work well as a marinade for grilled chicken. The sauce is simple to make and it would probably be great with other sorts of meat (i.e. pork).

We paired the chicken with instant sweet potatoes we bought a while ago. They actually were quite delicious for instant potatoes! Lots of good flavor and even a bit of warm seasoning, almost a nutmeg flavor.

I highly recommend if you're looking for a quick, cheap, easy recipe, check out the "Dinner on a Dime" book, your local library may have it.

Apricot Honey Chicken

Ingredients:

-4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
-1 teaspoon vegetable oil

For sauce:
-3 tablespoons apricot preserves
-2 tablespoons orange juice
-4 teaspoons honey

Cook chicken in oil in large skillet until cooked fully.

Combine ingredients for sauce and pour over chicken. Cook 2 minutes or until heated through.

Serves 4

Comments

Popular Posts